Sunday, April 9, 2017

In the script I have the letters of the word repentance listed, but I decided it would be more fun and a bit more challenging if the letters that the girls found were different letters because the word was encoded! I found a cypher key to print out online and I had the girls decode each letter and we found it and write it down. To introduce the game, I decided to hand the girls a "top secret" letter. Also, I wrote most of the scriptures on cute little tags I bought at Micheal's. For the letter, I used a large envelope that I had lying around and placed inside of it the following letter, a cypher key, and the first scripture reference. I made sure to have several copies of the scriptures on hand for the girls to look up each scripture clue.

Letter:

Dear Friends,
     I was once trapped just like you are now. Don’t listen to S, he will try to confuse you and make you think that you will never be free again! Your best tools to decipher the clues that I left you are the scriptures! But you will also need this cypher, as you collect letters, you can decode them with the cypher. All you need to do is turn the cypher forward 3 letters. Write down the translated letters as you go along to discover the key to escape! Good luck!

From,

Your Friend who has been here before


No comments:

Post a Comment